1. Contact Symantec Enterprise Licensing to purchase the required license (1-800-327-2232)
2. Edit the selection list and delete the resource which no longer exists in the environment (It may be necessary to run a repair on Backup Exec from Add/Remove Programs as well)
3. Edit the selection list in “Details View” and delete the line entry for the server name which no longer exists.
4. Check the selection list and verify whether the server is selected for the backup. If not , select the right server and Re run the backup job
5. Recreate a new selection list and associate the job with it.
6. If the Backup Exec installation is within 60 day evaluation period, uninstall all license keys from the server.
– From Backup Exec go to Tools – Install Options and License Keys on this Media server.
– Perform additional testing to confirm the issue is resolved.
– Reinstall all license keys.